Climate Emergency, Actions, and Climate Justice: What is the role of behavioral scientists?
Friday, June 18th, 9 AM to 10:45 AM PST/12 PM to 1:45 PM EST
- Welcome from ABMR Council!: Call for officers, updates on October meeting
Keynotes on the role of Behavioral Scientists for Climate Health: see speakers and background ready below, (1 hour)
Let's talk Climate Action presentations: see speakers and background reading below
Discussion/ABMR Chat Time: bring your own coffee!
- Lorraine Whitmarsh, PhD, Climate and Behavior Change. Professor, Dept of Psychology, Univ. of Bath, England. Dr. Whitmarsh, a guest to ABMR, is an environmental psychologist, a world authority on low carbon behavior change, gov advisor and a lead author for IPCC’s 6th assessment report (15 min talk, 15 min Q&A)
- Sander van der Linden, PhD, Climate beliefs, polarization, and inoculation. Professor of Social Psychology, Cambridge University,. Dr. Linden, a guest to ABMR, is an international expert on climate, COVID, fake news, trust, how to present scientific uncertainty, and is Editor, J. of Environmental Psychology. (15 min talk, 15 min Q&A)
CLIMATE ACTION PRESENTERS:
- Julian Thayer, PhD, Climate change, systemic racism, and health disparities, recommendations for our field. Distinguished University Professor of Psychological Science, member of SBM committee on Climate and Health Disparities.
- Kristi White, PhD; Becoming an advocate of climate health in your own healthcare system. Health Psychologist at Hennepin Healthcare, founding chair of APS SIG for Climate Change, has influenced climate policy in MN